HOUSTON - (March 18, 2002) Landata Systems Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Stewart Information Services Corp. (NYSE-STC), announces the release of Policy Register™ 2.0, a stand-alone policy register program allowing agents to report premium and policy information electronically to the underwriter.
Policy Register offers a one-of-a-kind electronic reporting solution to title agents. Version 2.0 includes the following timesaving features:
- Allows an office to prepare a policy register for multiple offices, multiple underwriters and multiple agent IDs.
- Performs remittance calculations based on Gross Premium or most other amounts (remittance basis). The calculations are driven by effective date of the policy.
- Automatically handles adjustments, in-lieu of or void transactions.
- Creates an XML file that can be transmitted to the selected underwriter.
- Customizable policy number set up for each underwriter.
- Inventory set up and validation.
- An inventory module synchronizes information with Stewart Title Guaranty Co. (STGC) headquarters, so STGC policy numbers can be verified immediately.
- A built-in import function allows agents to electronically import policy information from various production systems using an XML file. This eliminates dual data keying. (A future release will be seamlessly integrated with version 4.0 of AIM for Windows, as well as many other proprietary systems, including Digital Solutions.)
"Because files are output in an easy-to-use XML standard format, Policy Register can report to multiple underwriters," said Bhavna Jain, product manager, Landata Systems, Inc. "This is great for independent agents who write policies for two or three underwriters, including Stewart, because they can use the same tool for all of them."
The policy data feature brings agents one step closer to achieving total electronic delivery of reports. By incorporating Policy Data fields into Policy Register, agents can process all policy reports electronically. The policy import feature results in increased efficiency, productivity and accuracy because agents no longer need to re-key information. It also decreases time spent correcting mistakes resulting from keying errors.
Policy Register 2.0 is free to all STGC agents. Fore information, please contact the Landata HelpCenter at email@example.com or 1-888-LANDATA (526-3282).
Landata Systems, Inc. (www.landatasystems.com) is a software developer and technical services provider to the title insurance and real estate industries, offering excellent software development, consulting and support. Products offer: order entry; document preparation; closing and escrow accounting; online underwriting and real estate information; imaging; title plant; and electronic commerce.
Stewart Information Services Corp. is a technology driven, strategically competitive, global real estate information company. Stewart provides title insurance and related information services through more than 5,800 issuing locations in the United States and several international markets. Stewart meets the needs of the real estate and mortgage industries through the delivery of information services required for settlement using e-commerce. These services include title reports, flood determinations, property appraisals, surveys, document preparation, property reports and background checks. Stewart also supplies post-closing services to lenders, automated county clerk land records and GIS for governmental entities. Stewart provides expertise in tax-deferred exchanges. More information about Stewart can be found at www.stewart.com.